Founded Date January 1, 1900
Sectors Health Care
Posted Jobs 0
Gracedale’s origins date back to 1837 when the Northampton County Commissioners purchased a 365 acre farm from the Moravian Congregation. In 1951, the Moravian Church of America gave permission to use “Gracedale”, the English translation of “Gnadenthal”, which translates to “Dale of Grace” or “Kindness”. Previously, Gracedale was referred to as “The Northampton County Home”.
Originally, Gracedale was designed to care for the poor and wards of Northampton County. Today, Gracedale enjoys a reputation as one of the finest long term care facilities in the state of Pennsylvania.