Provides hands on personal care and activities of daily living according to the aide care plan as directed by the Registered Nurse or Therapist. Provides other support services as a member of the care team.Education – Required:
Experience – Required:
- 1 year Experience in a healthcare setting as a nursing assistant or nursing aide.
Experience – Preferred:
- 1 year Home Health/Hospice care experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – Required:
- Builds strong relationships with patients, family members, caregivers, and members of the interdisciplinary care team.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to drive to patients homes, regardless of weather and traffic conditions, and manage schedule to meet patient needs.
- Ability to work in patient homes.
- Ability to work with and support terminally ill patients and their family members/caregivers.
Licensure – Required:
- Drivers License Valid PA Driver’s license required for home health and hospice Upon Hire
- CPR – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Upon Hire and
- BCLS – Basic Life Support Upon Hire
Licensure – Preferred:
- CNA – Certified Nursing Assistant Upon Hire
- Home Health/Hospice – must possess and maintain personal car insurance at PA State minimum requirements.