JOB TITLE: Assistant Activities Manager
JOB SUMMARY: Assist with the supervision, planning, organization, and control of the following departments; Activities, Pool, Pavilion (Ice Skating/Bikes), Teambuilding, Beach, and Camp.
REPORTS TO: Activities Manager
PRIMARY DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
1. Ensure all daily checklists are completely.
2. Responsible for all banks and accounting related to the area as well as inventory control of supplies.
3. Assist with ordering supplies and equipment.
4. Plan skylights and distribute them.
5. Assist with scheduling, training, and supervision of staff.
6. Lead and plan special events/teambuilding for corporate groups, and family reunions.
7. Assist with budgets, themed events, and staff bulletin boards.
8. Work with the Activities Manager to create new programs to implement.
9. Run departments that include but not limited to the following; pools, beach, pavilion (ice skating and bikes rentals), camp, activities, team building, tennis, and themed events.
10. Attend all required meetings if the manager is not able to attend. Must be able to speak to all pertinent information to the operations of all departments under the Activities umbrella.
11. Maintain CPR, Lifeguard, AFO/CPO, and PA Pesticide certifications.
8. Also works as a Camp Director.
a. In charge of interviewing and hiring camp staff along with help from
the Activities Manager.
b. Create daily schedule for kid’s camp.
c. In charge of supervising the camp staff.
Daily activities (same as for Activities Staff Attendant):
1. Following established procedures for record keeping including control sheets, charge forms, and cash transactions.
2. Able to take charge of situations and staff, and handle any problems that may arise.
3. Provide information and instructions for guests concerning all activities and facilities available to them.
4. Sign guests up for activities or special events as needed.
5. Oversee daily activities.
6. Assist in the pool area with chemical checks, cleaning, towel folding, and fitness room upkeep.
SKILLS REQUIRED: Ability to read, write, and follow written or verbal instructions. (English). After training, proficiency in fitting and maintaining various pieces of sports equipment is also required. Planning and organizational skills are necessary. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to read and write English is necessary. Current certification in CPR (cardio-pulmonary-resuscitation), and in lifesaving (water) is desirable. Recreational background is very helpful.
CPR, Lifeguard, AFO/CPO, and PA Pesticide certifications required within first 6 months of hire. Child abuse clearances required.
PRIOR EXPERIENCE: Previous experience as an Activities Staff member or appropriate schooling is required.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge about sports equipment, games, crafts, leading groups, and kids programs.
PERSONALITY REQUIREMENTS: Friendliness, patience, interest in providing service to our guests. Ability to deal with all types of people, and supervise and direct the Activities Staff. Able to plan and handle multiple tasks; organized. Service and safety orientated. Must be flexible, able to adapt to change on short notice.
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Equipment, keys, control sheets, charges, cash, guest release papers, overall safety, and cleanliness.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to lift heavy pieces of equipment.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Schedule includes weekends and holidays, shift work. Indoor and outdoor work for all seasons required.
HAZARDS ENCOUNTERED: Care must be taken to lift equipment properly. Many of the Activities department activities require physical execration.
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed, to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management must reserve the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when circumstances (e.g. emergencies, changes in workload, rush job, or technological development) dictate. Because of various seasonal requirements, jobs in other areas of the resort may be offered as a replacement for this position to include work in other areas e.g. grounds maintenance, housekeeping, kitchen, etc.
- Please see job description.
- Please see job description.
- Competitive Wages
- Complimentary Meals
- Credit Union Membership
- Health and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training Opportunities
- Use of Sports Facilities
- We honor our employees with a comprehensive package