Job ID 1399
Scope/Purpose of the Position
The Baker is the first and most important team member of manufacturing process. Her/his responsibilities require precision and consistent execution of batch making, quality in product, and documentation of products preparation before it is delivered to the next process. The baker will maintain accuracy in documentation, as well as ingredients both manual and automated to ensure quality of dough is not compromised. Baker will participate in R&D trialing to develop and enhance the product quality. The baker is also responsible for maintaining a clean work environment that includes but is NOT limited to the daily task sheet as well as the master sanitation list. The baker will ensure timeliness to, from, and during production hours.
Major Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Ensures traceability and accuracy through precise documentation
- Maintains streamline communication with process downstream to manage and maintain quality of ingredients in batching area (line stops, deviations, etc.)
- Keeps constant contact with material handler to ensure that required materials are not depleted causing downtime
- Maintain accuracy and timeliness in mixing period to ensure quality of dough is not compromised
- Operator will maintain proper judgement of dough quality to prevent downstream failure in product
- Maintain a clean, organized, and labeled work environment
- OSHA regulations compliant
- Proper PPE and attire always when on the floor
- Adhere to GMP’s to and from the production floor; including but not limited to handwashing, sanitizing, no food, candy, cough drops, chewing tobacco on the floor, hair nets, beard nets, and Bakerly attire on the production floor.
- Uphold SQF standards; this includes but is not limited to maintaining accuracy in Lot numbers and are easily visible, organized tooling, and an overall clean and organized workspace
- Report ALL quality and safety concerns to reporting manager or member of management team not limited but including; unknown visitors, pest control, expiration or production quality in question, sanitation, etc.
Job Qualification Requirements
- Good organizational skills
- Must be able to adhere to health and safety regulations
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in food processing environment preferred
- Adequate with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Ability to operate machinery, multi-task, interpret and follow precise instructions
- Complete tasks promptly and carefully
- Ability to work quickly and cleanly
- Ability to respond to continually changing priorities
- Continuously observe and evaluate operations to identify problems and/or opportunities for improvement
- Comply with FDA, OSHA and all other regulatory agencies while complying with good manufacturing practices
- Must have ability to interpret and follow a recipe and procedures
- Interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- Understands and is willing to help where required both within the department as well as outside; as an ever-growing operation, the flexibility of employees is necessary to ensure the overall development of the business continues.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or climb (including stairs/ladders).
- Ability to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Physical dexterity necessary to handle supplies, machine parts and tools.
- Vision abilities: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.