The Band Saw Operator is primarily responsible for the precision cutting of metal material in a timely manner. This position must maintain high quality work, high level of attention to detail while ensuring personal productivity and safe operation of the machinery. The right candidate must be able to take ownership of the area, keep it organized neat and clean.
- Reviews and interprets written work instructions.
- Must be able to accurately read measuring devices to ensure accuracy of cut orders.
- Operates band saws and other fabrication shop machinery as required.
- Ability to utilize fabrication equipment such as: belt sander, drill press, bench grinder, hand tools, measuring tools…etc.
- Effectively prioritize workloads and use of available resources within time constraints.
- Assists with keeping the shop in an orderly and clean state, following all company safety procedures.
- Must be able to move steel materials utilizing physical strength forklifts, slings and straps
- Responsible for quality control of all jobs and orders
- Experience and/or previous training in operating a bandsaw is required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule forms such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, quality manuals and procedure manuals.
- Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to perform simple shop math, convert decimals to fractional equivalents.
- Thorough knowledge of various types of metals, their physical properties and how to work with them.
- Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent.