The Forklift Operator is responsible for operating material handling equipment for the purpose of moving, locating, relocating, stacking and counting merchandise. The Operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the forklift and may also be required to perform order filler or order checker duties in addition to his or her own. This position is responsible for operating a sit-down and/or clamp forklift equipment. Hiring on all shifts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Stacks and stores merchandise in designated areas using a forklift, clamp, push-pull equipment.
- Unloads inbound shipments safely and moves product to storage locations
- Pulls and prepares products for shipment
- Ensures that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped
- Performs picking duties in an efficient manner meeting customer service standards
- Moves product from staging and/or storage areas into trailers
- Operates all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods
- Maintains appropriate records and reports to guarantee inventory control and security
- Assists in physical inventories
- Ensures proper stock rotation
- Conducts cycle counts as requested
- Must have Excel knowledge plus general computer knowledge.
- Basic safety understanding in operating equipment
- Responsible for reporting safety concerns to management in a timely manner
- Report inventory discrepancies to inventory control team and assists in resolution
- Must be able to complete inspection form prior operating equipment
- Must be able to use RF scanning equipment to ensure accuracy of inventory
Job Related & Physical Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED preferred.
- At least 6 months forklift experience and/or using warehouse distribution equipment
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours.
- Must be able to lift and/or pull 50 lbs. without restriction.
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head.
- Walking in the DC and around area with great frequency, facilities are over a quarter mile in length.
- Should be able to work in environments with variable noise levels, lighting conditions and temperature variation and able to access all areas of building without limitations.
- Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
- Must be able to get NFI forklift certified
- Must have attention to detail
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Must have basic math skills