Job ID 1400
Scope/Purpose of the Position
This is an entry level role at Bakerly Barn as packing operators will perform minimized work load, however, expected to uphold quality and efficiency standards as directed. The role includes performing various job roles in a rotation, reacting to lights and sounds should deviations occur, and communication with line conductor to ensure any deviations of product that are detected are reported in a timely manner. The role includes sanitation pending on shift that includes but is NOT limited to daily task sheet, and master sanitation list.
Major Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Raise and promote awareness to supervisor and/or management team with any discrepancy that may present itself
- Maintain accuracy of packing sheets for traceability and to ensure count is correct
- Assist in changeovers
- Follows rotation to minimize repetitive work and improve ergonomic safety
- Assists in downtime periods with rework, corrugate, labeling, waste removal, etc.
- Verify visually product quality, date code present and accurate, etc.
- Will sustain a quality product from reception to pushing area, to end function of palletizing a neat and orderly pallet.
- OSHA regulations compliant
- Proper PPE and attire always when on the floor; including but not limited to gloves, hairnets, beard nets, safety shoes.
- Adhere to GMP’s to and from the production floor; handwashing, sanitizing, wearing a lab coat in the packing room, no candy, food, gum, tobacco in the production area.
- Maintain SQF practices; including but not limited to organized tooling, easily read lot numbers, and maintaining an overall clean and organized workspace
- Report ALL quality and safety concerns to reporting manager or member of management team not limited but including unknown visitors, pest control, expiration or production quality in question, sanitation, etc.
Job Qualification Requirements
- High school/GED diploma is required
- Minimum of 1 year experience in production or food manufacturing preferred
- Knowledge of FDA and OSHA regulations is a plus
- Ability to lift up to 25-50 pounds, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Vision abilities: close vision, depth perception and adjust focus
- Minimal hands on experience of equipment including HMI screen and mechanical adjustment
- Good organizational skills
- Multitask and good time management
- Ability to respond to continually changing priorities both in and out of the department to accommodate the development of the business
- Continuously observe and evaluate operations to identify problems and/or opportunities for improvement
- Good interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
Position Back Up: Department Supervisor will designate a qualified person to back up this position as needed.