In House EMT: Various Shifts Available!
The EMT will assist in providing quality care directly and indirectly to patients throughout their treatment course. The EMT will work in cooperation with treatment team (provider, nursing, ancillary, etc.) to provide professional care to patients seeking treatment. The EMT will function in adherence to the Pennsylvania Department of Health BLS protocols and will operate under the medical direction of the Chief of the Division of Emergency Medical Services.
Education – Required:
- High School Diploma/GED and
Education – Preferred:
- 2 years of college and
Experience – Required:
- less than 1 year
Experience – Preferred:
- 1 year Pre-hospital experience as an Emergency Medical Technician on an EMS Unit responding to 911 calls.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – Required:
- Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations.
- Ability to multi-task and to utilize critical thinking.
- Knowledge and understanding of medical terminology and HIPAA regulations and guidelines.
Certifications – Required:
- Health Services\BCLS – Basic Life Support American Heart Association
- EMT – Emergency Medical Tech Basic
- NIMS 100,200,700
Licensure – Preferred:
- EMT – Emergency Medical Tech National Registry