Evaluates, plans, directs, and administers physical therapy programs to restore function, prevent disability, and help patients reach their maximum level of independence. Provides assessment of patient condition based on diagnosis from the referring physician. Develops and updates an appropriate plan of care in collaboration with the patient/family to assist in returning them to their prior level of function. Improves and/or facilitates quality of life through prescribed exercise, hands-on care, and patient education. Helps people achieve fitness goals, regain or maintain their independence, and lead active lives.
Education – Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree Physical Therapy
Education – Preferred:
- Doctorate Physical Therapy
Experience – Required:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – Required:
- Demonstrates sound clinical reasoning in synthesizing data gathered in the evaluation and identifying treatment diagnoses.
- Knowledge of physical therapy techniques.
- Must be able to provide safe, compassionate, and competent physical therapy treatments.
- Must be able to communicate with patients, family, and co-workers in a friendly, supportive manner.
Licensure – Required:
- Physical Therapist Upon Hire and
- Drivers License Required for Homecare/Hospice/Home based outpatient positions. Upon Hire
Certifications – Required:
- CPR – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Upon Hire and
- Health Services\BCLS – Basic Life Support Upon Hire
- Must have current auto insurance at PA state minimum required levels (specific to Homecare/Hospice/Home-based Outpatient positions).