Position Title: Shipping / Slitter
Location: Allentown, PA
Department: Distribution Service
Reports to: Service Manager & Ops Manager
FLSA: Hourly – Non-Exempt
Date Revised/Approved: March 2012
ASGCO engineers, manufactures, distributes a wide array of conveyor and screening components, all specifically designed for the above ground and underground mining, aggregate, cement, recycling, bulk shipping terminals, pulp and paper, recycling, food processing and other bulk material handling industries. We focus on providing exceptional products and service to our customers with the best solutions to their conveyor and screening material handling applications.
Ensure Distribution Division distributes an exclusive line of conveyor belt components that enhance conveyor efficiency, safety and productivity for bulk material handling and mining customers.
- Unload from truck and sign for delivery, ensure there is no damage to product.
- Take packing slip off of freight and staple it to trucking company bill of lading and place in shipping office
- Check PO# in AS400 to see who ordered the incoming shipment and ensure it gets delivered to appropriate department.
- Log freight immediately into the CARDEX if it is stock going into building #2 inventory
- Place freight on shelf in proper location or desired location for stocking
- Pull order from board as orders come in, complete order by cutting belts or pulling appropriate stock from warehouse.
- Make inventory adjustments in CARDEX and belt log immediately
- Ensure proper inventory is done twice weekly and make proper adjustments in CARDEX as well as update accounting department
- Prepare manifests (packing lists) for all orders
- Receive, file and invoice all freight charges (and other applicable charges per contract). Contact freight companies to expedite and / or identify fright invoices.
- Coordinate shipments from various suppliers for consolidation at dockside using the most cost effective and efficient means in accordance with main shipping department.
- Provide assistance to the Logistics Supervisor when required.
- Maintain good house-keeping and organization of warehouse
- Have Microsoft experience
- Be able and certified to drive a fork lift.
- Strong attention to detail and good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi task in fast-paced dynamic environment
- Have the ability to lift 50lbs to 100lbs., bending, kneeling, reaching and standing for long periods of time.
- Frequently exposed to regulated noise, cold/hot working conditions.
- Required to work overtime when needed.
Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.