Performs with latitude for independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative, Diagnostic Ultrasound exams and invasive procedures of designated anatomy to physician specifications and established protocols. May participate in call rotations, as necessary.
Education – Required:
- Specialized Diploma Graduate of approved CAHEA school of diagnostic medical sonography or certification program. In good standing with the ARDMS.
Education – Preferred:
- Associate’s Degree Diagnostic Medical Sonography or
- Bachelor’s Degree Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Experience – Required:
- 1 year clinical experience in ultrasound
- 1 year abdominal, GYN, peripheral vascular doppler experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – Required:
- Ability to deal effectively and ethically with medical and confidential information relating to patients, families, physicians, and nursing personnel.
- Ability to function independently and competently.
- Ability to maintain professional relationship with co-workers and medical staff.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of personnel such as patients, family, physicians, nurses, and students.
- Knowledge necessary to ensure that the assessment, treatment, and care are appropriate to the age of patients served ranging in age from neonates to geriatrics.
Certifications – Required:
- RDMS – Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Upon Hire and
- Health Services\BCLS – Basic Life Support within 30 Days
Licensure – Preferred:
- RVT – Registered Vascular Technologist