These entry level positions provide labor for various tasks around the mill including picking up paper, operating forklift, handling chemicals, cleaning, etc. Must be able to carry/lift 50 lbs. Candidates with previous experience operating forktruck or other mobile equipment are preferred, but that experience is not necessary for consideration. This is a rotating shift position and membership in the Union is required after 90 days. Pay rate is 17.82/hour
Essential Job Functions:
- Participates in the safety program and works to exceed all safety standards and requirements mandated by the plant and OSHA.
- Prepare items for shipment and load outgoing trucks with finished product. Records shipment data such as weight, charges, space availability, etc. via the AS400 system.
- Receiving, unpacking, verifying and recording incoming shipments of waste paper and other purchased items. Examines contents and compares with records, such as manifests, invoices or orders to verify accuracy of shipments. Utilizes IQE system.
- Moves incoming goods and supplies to appropriate storage areas.
Utilizes yard tractor to move trailers, park/drop trailers, and back trailers into docks.
- Operates the yard tractor, clamp truck, forklift.
- Interacts with customer drivers.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION: HS Graduate or equivalent.
REQUIRED SKILLS: Ability to use tools/equipment such as forklift, simple hand tools, scanner, clamp truck, yard tractor.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis or as specified in the Collective Bargaining Agreement if applicable.