Position: Metal Fabricator / Welder
Location: Nazareth, PA
Department: Fab Shop
Reports to: Fab Shop Manager, Supervisor & Service Manager
ASGCO engineers, manufactures, distributes a wide array of conveyor and screening components, all specifically designed for the above ground and underground mining, aggregate, cement, recycling, bulk shipping terminals, pulp and paper, recycling, food processing and other bulk material handling industries. We focus on providing exceptional products and service to our customers with the best solutions to their conveyor and screening material handling applications.
ASGCO has Welder positions open for candidates with a great positive attitude and excels at working in welding/fabrication that helps drive the business. ASGCO offers a competitive wage, OT and an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k) plan, profit sharing, vacation and paid holidays.
The job of Metal Fabricator / Welder is done for the purpose/s of meeting demands and completing work orders in a timely manner; installing, repairing and fabricating materials out of metal; ensuring availability and functioning of required items; and ensuring safety and resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Maintains welds on various items using a variety of processes (manual arc, tungsten inert gas, metallic inert gas, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability and functioning of required items ensuring safety.
- Repairs metal surfaces for the purpose of ensuring safe and efficient use of items.
- Installs various items for the purpose of completing projects safely and within established time frames.
- Maintains shop, equipment, tools, vehicle, etc. for the purpose of ensuring the availability and functioning of required items and ensuring safety.
- Coordinates with administration and other trades for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently.
- Request’s equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of required items.
- Assists other trades personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
- Transports various items (e.g., tools, equipment, supplies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job sit.
- Work well with limited supervision.
- Responds to emergency situations as needed and/or assigned for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment.
- 3 years’ experience with Welding/fabrication including one year of journey-level.
- Have knowledge and skills to perform job using band saws, grinders, break, shear, drill press, chop saw, part painting.
- Have knowledge in basic math or geometry.
- Read a variety of manuals and following prescribed formats with the ability to inform to others and solve practical problems.
- Be able to maintain accurate records.
- Strong attention to detail and good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask in fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Have the ability to lift 50lbs to 100lbs, bending, kneeling, reaching and standing for long periods of time, significant fine finer dexterity.
- Frequently exposed to regulated noise, cold working conditions also exposed to smells that are within
- May be required to work overtime on as needed bases.
IS IT RIGHT FOR YOU?
We are looking for reliable, highly motivated, qualified individuals with a good track record, someone looking for a future within the company, and are willing to put the time in. You MUST be a team player as well as take PRIDE in your work.
SAFETY – QUALITY – PRODUCTIVITY
This is any opportunity to become part of a very progressive company with tremendous opportunity for growth. If you are interested in employment that will provide you with an exciting work environment and the chance to work with great people, please email resume and cover letter for consideration.
Job Type: Full-Time